Tuesday, October 23, 2012

BOOK BLURB: Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1)

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:

Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story...

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead. 

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.


***

Date Read: April 24, 2012

I really like the book. I love the cover and title. I like the characters. I like the way it was written. I like the story. It's the first english novel I've actually read that's creepy. And now, I honestly don't know what else to say.

The story was told in Cas' point of view, the ghost-slaying teenager who moves around a lot with his witch mother. Cas is brave and confident, but not cocky. At a young age, he knows what he wants/needs to do. And I admire him for that. He's the type of character you'll like but not really swoon over.

Anna, the murdered teenage girl who's known as a dangerous killer at Thunder Bay. I already had the hunch that she's not really who she seems to be. And I really like her so much. I found her creepy at times, but other than that, I imagine her as this pretty girl in a white dress.

Thomas is the usual sidekick/bestfriend character. He's geeky and a little annoying at times, but he's incredibly gifted. He kind of reminds me of Sam from I Am Number Four.

Carmel is the Queen Bee of the school. I actually didn't like her at first, but as I read on, I've learned to like her. She's not your typical rich and popular girl. She's more than that. And that's what made me like her.

I guess that's all. :)))

View all my reviews


teepee J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...