Tuesday, October 23, 2012

BOOK BLURB: Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls #5)

Author: Ally Carter
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Number of Pages: 294
Date Published: March 13, 2012
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary / Mystery

Goodreads:

The last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan--an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year. But when Cammie wakes up in an alpine convent and discovers that months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole. The only traces left of Cammie's summer vacation are the bruises on her body and the dirt under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.

Once she returns to school, however, Cammie realizes that even the Gallagher Academy now holds more questions than answers. Cammie, her friends, and mysterious spy-guy Zach must face their most difficult challenge yet as they travel to the other side of the world, hoping to piece together the clues that Cammie left behind. It's a race against time. The Circle is hot on their trail and willing stop at nothing to prevent Cammie from remembering what she did last summer.

*** 
My Thoughts:
(Date Read: April 26, 2012)

After the last sentence in the book, my mind was seriously screaming, "I WANT THE 6TH BOOK NOW!"

The fifth installment to the Gallagher Girls series is really mind-blowing. Based from what I recall from the happenings in the first book, "Out of Sight, Out of Time" is way different from that. This time, it's all real.

I loved everything in the book, from the how it was written to the characters and even to the places they have been. I've always liked the "Pros and Cons" list, the "Things to do when..." list and the CovOps report Cammie and her friends make. And that wasn't missing in the book. I was a bit bothered by how Cammie changed in this book, but nonetheless, I still love her, along with Bex, Liz, Macey and Zach. Oh! Zachary Goode. Don't even get me started with him. Aunt Abby was really badass in the book. But she also showed some of her vulnerable side. The characters really made a mark on me more than ever. And for those who haven't read the book yet, watch for the comeback of "him" and Catherine (whoever she is).

FIVE STARS for Out of Sight, Out of Time because I absolutely loved every second I spend reading it. Four stars is "usually" the highest rating I give but I feel that this book deserves five. I felt almost everything with this book. I sympathized, I laughed, I felt sorrow, I felt scared (for the characters), I felt the action, I felt the romance and everything else that comes with reading this. It's more than just a story of a girl in a spy school. It's also about family, friends, independence, making choices and taking risks and chances. 

A round of applause for this book and the author. Sleeping at 2:00am was definitely worth it.





February 2016 Update: This 2012 review has been somewhat updated to suit the format and the layout of the blog. No major change has been made with my review. The thought, and most of the words I used back when I wrote this review is still the same. Only some minor editing, like deleting unnecessary words, phrases, expressions and emoticons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...