Monday, December 24, 2012

BOOK BLURB: My Life Next Door


My Life Next DoorMy Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:

A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.

“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.


***

Date Read: September 1, 2012

I decided to be bold and give My Life Next Door FIVE STARS!! :D This is probably just because of the reading hangover, but the who cares? We all experience that sometimes.

Let me get back to my point: I LOVE every word and every moment of this book. Yes, I may be overreacting which might be another effect of the book/reading hangover. My feelings might change after a few weeks. But right now, I'm totally overwhelmed by my admiration for this book.

My Life Next Door is basically about family, friends, love and life. It started out light and funny, progressed and got a little rough, which really makes you hold on to it and continue reading. I've felt so many different emotions while reading this and I know that's a good thing. :)

There are a lot of things to love about this book. Aside from the plot, some the characters are hard to get off your head. Some of the ones that I really like are:

(1) George and Patsy are one of my favorites - the walking encyclopedia boy, or in George's case, the walking Discovery Channel and the baby who has a breast preference and who's first word is boob. They are like little disasters waiting to happen, but because they are cute little toddlers, they get away with it.
(2) Andy and bada** Alice!!
(3) Tim!!!
(4) Jase and Sam (of course!)

The Garretts, in general, are the ones I really love. Although they are quite noisy chaotic because of their number, they are a family. And there's nothing better than a family that stays together and loves each other. Awwwww!

Now, Jase and Sam! How perfect!? Their relationship wasn't hurried or forced at all. It went slow and steady. There were a lot of make-out sessions, but please don't blame them. They are normal hormonal teenagers. Hahahahaha! It was cute and simple but you can feel the tingles all over. It just makes you wanna sigh and think about them. Individually, they are both wonderful people. But Jase is just too good to be true. He is just too nice, and extremely loving to his family, and he's handsome, and he can fix things and... Oh I remember! He is a fictional character. hahahaha!

The ending was cute, but I wasn't really satisfied with it. I thought there were some things that still needs to be told or elaborated. But yeah, it was more than okay, but not to the best I've read.

I would type more things about the book, but I'm afraid I might spoil those who haven't read it yet. So I guess it will end here. :)

View all my reviews


teepee J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...