Wednesday, December 19, 2012

MOVIE MADNESS: Pitch Perfect (2012) + Christmas Break

Advance Merry Christmas everybody (or to anyone reading this). It is officially the start of my Christmas break! Yahoooooooo!!! I have a week and approximately 6 days until classes start again, and I am going to make the most out of my unsupervised days!! hahahahahaha!!! Well, my idea of fun is just simple - movies and books. What? Disappointed? No parties? No getaways? Hahahahaha... Sorry, that's not really my thing. I'm more of a home girl :).

Anyway, I just finished a book last night (Lost in Time by Melissa dela Cruz), and I think I'm going t start reading another later (Showtime by Chloe Kayne). I plan on reading a lot of books this Christmas break. Wish me luck! :)

Also, I have just recently watched PITCH PERFECT.

Rotten Tomatoes:

Beca (Anna Kendrick) is that girl who'd rather listen to what's coming out of her headphones than what's coming out of you. Arriving at her new college, she finds herself not right for any clique but somehow is muscled into one that she never would have picked on her own: alongside mean girls, sweet girls and weird girls whose only thing in common is how good they sound when they sing together, in the new out-loud comedy Pitch Perfect. When Beca takes this acoustic singing group out of their world of traditional arrangements and perfect harmonies into all-new mash-ups, they fight to climb their way to the top of the cutthroat world of college a cappella. This could wind up either the coolest thing they'll ever do or the most insane, and it will probably be a little of both.


***



I liked the movie. It is funny and the songs were covered wonderfully. I love musicals and the movie reached my expectations. The blending of voices and their song choices were great. It definitely focused on the musical aspect of the movie. Musical in a sense that they are singing because they are required to sing, for a competition, not the musical wherein the songs tell the story. I like it both ways. The focus on music made the plot a  bit bland, though. Nothing goes on much with the story. No deep emotions or drama or even romance. It was okay, for the plot part. Not really very remarkable.


What I also liked about the movie is Anna Kendrick. She seems to be gaining popularity nowadays. She had a lot of projects this year, and though I haven't seen a lot of her movies, I think I can say that she already played a lot of different/diversified roles. From Twilight, to Up In The Air, to Pitch Perfect. I didn't even know she can sing.

So there!!! I think their songs are going to be stuck in my head for a few days. If you ever watch it, I hope you would like it.

And another thing... I love this song.. SUPER LSS with it.




teepee J

1 comment:

  1. Everyone,brace yourself with the Pitch Perfect 2. Hehe I was hooked with the first movie and been loving the whole cast. Every persoality was indeed lovable so I am just excited to meet the new ones and would be surely welcome by the movie fans. Pitch Perfect songs download were made available by generous people just be very careful with dangerous sites. Thanks for this nice share and all I could say is ACA-AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...