Saturday, August 24, 2013

I’m Back! (Sort Of)


Hello beautiful people of the awesome blog universe! I am so sorry for being MIA for more than 2 months. I was just having life complications. You know how life can be, it’s unpredictable but it’s still wonderful. (Just trying to be optimistic.)

You don’t know how I have missed you so much (to those reading this, hugs!). I missed posting random book stuff and getting all the juicy updates on recent and upcoming releases. I missed reading and putting my messy thoughts into words. I just miss everything. But now I’m back and hopefully this is for good.

So, what happened while I was gone? Unfortunately, I’ve been out and about for too long and I’m not really updated with book news anymore. I’ll try to catch up when I’m free.

What happened to me? Well, it’s a long story. But the briefest version is this (you can skip this if you don’t want to read it):

Last July, someone broke into the house we were renting, taking with him/them our television, two laptops and a cell phone. One of those laptops was mine. All my blog files were there – my reviews, all the images I use in this blog, basically every file I own. And it’s just sad and frustrating that I lost all the files. The laptop’s almost at its death anyway, but the files are really important and I didn’t have any backup. With the fear of the recent unfortunate incident, we decided to pack up and move in with my grandmother. We didn’t have any internet or television cable connection for more than a month. To make things worse, my memory card where I also keep pictures from a few years ago, my 200+ ebooks, some songs and videos have been corrupted. I still haven’t recovered the files. So there, aside from having finished the hell-ish exam week, my life pretty much has been a constant mess up. But I’m fine.

I’m back! I’m doing good. I’m ready to take on more challenges. World, here I come! Hahahahahaha! 

Seriously, it’s really good to be back!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back :D
    They broke into your house?! And took your laptop?? I'm so glad you're okay!!!!

    ~Jackie

    nobentspines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they literally broke the door knob ang all the locks. And yes, my laptop's gone. Thank you!!! I'm so glad that only the material things were taken, and that nobody got hurt.

      Delete
  2. Life does have a way of throwing us for a loop, and then it not only rains but pours! I'm glad you're all okay. That's the most important thing. The rest? Yeah, frustrating, hair-pulling and scream-worthy, but when it all seems hopeless, it will work out in the end.

    Welcome back, and happy reading and blogging further! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. We all have our ups and downs. It's just a matter of time before things start to look bright again. Thanks! :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...