Friday, December 27, 2013

Top 10 of 2013: Books I’m (Really) Looking Forward to in 2014

Rachel from Fiktshun along with Jaime from Two Chicks on Books and Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads are back to host the TOP 10 OF 2013!!!

Today's list will be composed of the books to be released in 2014 that I am extremely excited for. Now if that's the case, I think I have a lot on my plate. But to narrow it down, here are my top ten in no particular order, most of which are from authors I have already read.

by Cassandra Clare
The final book of the Mortal Instruments!!! What kind of torment shall Cassie inflict upon her readers now? There's only one way to find out, read it when it comes out, and prepare for massive feels!

by Marissa Meyer
I cannot wait to read Cress! Believe me when I tell you that Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite retellings of all time. I can't even imagine how she twists the fairy tales into her own wonderful set of of interconnected stories. *sigh*

by Stephanie Perkins
Anna, Lola... now Isla! *Squeals*  Love the new covers! Love the plot! I love you Stephanie Perkins! This is another swoon-worthy contemporary from Steph that I am really really excited for.
 by Jennifer E. Smith
Speaking of  contemporaries, another book I am extremely dying to read is The Geography of You and Me! Jennifer E. Smith's books are the perfect attention-grabbers - from the covers, to the blurbs; from the title, to the most interesting situations. And the story, in general are pretty amazing too. I swear! I really need to have this!
by Lauren Oliver
After Before I Fall and the Delirium trilogy, Lauren Oliver is back! I have read a number of reviews for this already, and they're not really very pleased with Panic. But hey! Maybe I'll love this. We all have different opinions. Let's wait and see.
by Richelle Mead
More Adrian and Sydney feels!!! Gosh! That is all I have to say.
by Huntley Fitzpatrick
My Life Next Door has been one of my fave 2012 reads. Now, I'm really excited for another cute and sweet (hopefully) contemporary romance from Huntley Fitzpatrick. Can't wait!
 by Sarah Fine
I just recently stumbled into this one, and it really intrigued me. I'm not really into ghosts or creepy horror books. But sometimes my curiosity just gets the best of me, and so there! Ghosts and slaughterhouse got me!

by Colleen Hoover
 Did you know that Colleen contacted an actual singer/songwriter to work with her for the songs of this book? Pffft.. Awesome, right? Well, I don't know about you guys, but I really like books that somehow revolve around music. And for a book to have it's own songs written for it, aaaahhh! Give it to me now!

by J. Lynn
 Jennifer L. Armentrout... don't you ever get tired of writing hot steamy romances? If your answer is no, than that's good. More feels for us. Hahahaha! Anyway, is this really going to be Calla's story? or Brittany's? Why am I wishing that this should be Steph's story? :) Also, I hope the cover will look great. (No cover yet)


Other books that did not make it to the top, because either I haven't read the preceding book in the series or I haven't started the series yet. Need to read these books as well :)

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
The One by Kiera Cass
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Evertrue by Jessica Brody
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

LAST NOTE: Can I have ARCs for these books? Now? PLEASE!? I really really really truly madly deeply want to read them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...