Friday, June 6, 2014

Feature & Follow Friday (17)

Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme
hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read!

Hello there!!!
I am teepee, and this is my blog, Little Librocubicularist. This blog (and I) is so fortunate to have been chosen as one of the featured blogs this week. Thank you Parajunkee and Alison Can Read!

Interview Questions:

1. When did you start blogging?

I officially started blogging January last year. But the blogger account has been around since March 2011. It was just a requirement for a school subject we had back then. Then, I discovered book blogging and wanted to try it out. I reconstructed the blog on October 2012 and posted a some random book reviews from Goodreads. I realized how awful and disorganized the blog looks back then, so I remodeled it again. At the start of 2013, Little Librocubicularist has been officially born.

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Getting and reading books, and people actually liking what I had written. I feel relieved and glad whenever someone comments on one of my reviews, or even give them likes on Goodreads, It's like an assurance that what I'm doing is okay (if not good), and I can continue doing it.

3. What type of books do you mainly blog about?

The blog is dedicated mostly to Young Adult books, and a few selected New Adult books as well. I read all genres of YA except horror, so expect a a diverse selection of books. But lately, I've been having a Contemporary fixation.

4. What are your favorite books?

Can we skip this question? It's so hard.

Okay, here are some of my favorite books

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta is one of my favorite books. It has been one of the few books that has left me speechless after reading. Also, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (I have not read Clockwork Princess yet) and My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park has recently been added to my favorites list. There are a few more but I can't seem to remember... I feel bad for those who have not been mentioned.

5. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

To be honest, getting books from authors or publishers is by far the most squeal-worthy moment I've ever experienced. It is number one on my list. And not far from the top spot is the part where authors actually acknowledge the things you said about their books. If getting books is squeal-worthy, this experience just blows my mind away.


Activity/Question:
What are your non-book guilty pleasures?
Like TV shows, food, websites, hobbies, etc...

According to Wikipedia (which is not the most reliable source)
A guilty pleasure is something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. The "guilt" involved is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes, such as campy styles of entertainment.
TV Shows:
  • Keeping Up With The Kardashians - I started watching this reality show years ago, and I always watched it with my sister. In all honesty we enjoyed watching it. It's fun of how these people do crazy stuff in front of the camera, proving to the world that their family is just a wreck. 
  • TMZ, E! News etc.. - What can I say? Celebrity gossip is entertaining sometimes.
  • Hannah Montana, Big Time Rush, JONAS etc.. - I LOVE watching these shows. End of story
Food:
I think I have nothing to add here.

Websites:
  • Probably Wattpad. I have my own Wattpad account, and I have stories there that I wrote. Only a few friends know my username there. I am kind of a different person there. I became inactive more than a year ago.
Hobbies:
  • Collecting candy and chocolate wrappers. (not really that guilty)

I probably have a few more guilty pleasures from years ago that I can't clearly remember. But for now, that's it. I hope all those up there are not extremely embarrassing.

Kindly leave your #FF links in the comments below
so I can visit and follow your blog.
Any of these will do. Thank you!
Follow on Bloglovin

29 comments:

  1. I actually collect candy wrappers. It's just become a weird habit of mine.

    New follower via bloglovin'.
    My FF
    ~Karina @  Watcha Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be featured! Your blog name taught me a new vocabulary word today. Love it!

    New follower via bloglovin'.

    Erin @ Pursuit of Good Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. Love Hannah Montana. Is that still airing anywhere? I started watching it when I was going through a hard time about 6 years ago and it was such a crazy fun respite.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Hannah Montana I have to admit is a very guilty pleasure for me. I always say I'm over the show but I really never am. Congrats on being featured! New follower via Bloglovin. DFTBA!

    http://bubblyandbookish.blogspot.com/2014/06/feature-follow-friday-5-non-book-guilty.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hopping along! Nice blog! You can find my FF athttp://ashes86blog.wordpress.com/2014/06/06/feature-follow-friday/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being featured! Collecting chocolate wrappers is kind of cool :)

    New Bloglovin' Follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am TV obsessed but never got into reality shows. I have hung out at Wattpad before itps pretty cool. Congrats on being featured!! :) Old follower.

    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/feature-and-follow-friday-guilty-pleasures/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being featured. Must admit, getting publishers send you stuff *is* the very best.

    My FF: http://ifthesebookscouldtalk.com/2014/06/06/feature-and-follow/

    New foloower via bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm 24 and I'm still a huge BTR fan, Luckily they're all my age in real life so it makes me feel less creepy.

    I know people who collect candy wrappers so that they can make things out of them.

    Great site. New follower via GFC and bloglovin!!

    Congrats for getting featured!!

    Rebecca @ Vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a Wattpad addict! Congratulations on being featured :) New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being featured!! :). New follower via GFC and Twitter.
    Here is my FF
    http://highway-ya.blogspot.com/2014/06/feature-friday-5.html

    Ericka@Highway-Y.A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being featured! Nice guilty pleasures and interview. I'm an existing follower.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being a feature! I love tv shows like that too. TV is definitely one of my guilty pleasures and I probably spend way too much time watching it (:

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort - new follower via bloglovin
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy FF! Congrats on being the feature! New GFC follower.
    ❤ Brittany @
    Please Feed the Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being the Feature!!! And I love Keeping up with the Kardashians!! Definitely a guilty pleasure haha. New follower via GFC and Bloglovin.
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on being a feature! I also had to start a blog for school and then it just sort of blew up into this! I'm loving book blogging and I hope you keep enjoying it as well. I'm an old GFC follower! Thanks for sharing :) I answered the wrong question but oh well! I hope you have a great weekend!
    My FF
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on being featured! I used to love watching Hannah Montana. I kinda wanna rewatch all the seasons sometime just for fun. I'm an old GFC follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being featured! New bloglovin' follower =)

    My FF
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on being featured :)

    It's fun that you had to make a blog for school but that you decided to pick it up and become a book blogger. Everyone gets started in different ways!

    New follower on BlogLovin'.

    My FF: http://thedarkreadingroom.wordpress.com/2014/06/06/feature-and-follow-friday-1/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the feature!
    Existing follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on being featured!

    My FF: http://booksnifferbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/06/feature-follow-friday-non-book-related.html

    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your feature! I also love celebrity gossip, it's so addicting!

    Happy FF! New GFC follower.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on being feature! I used to brow wattpad extensively too (though I never wrote) but I have been off it for years now :D

    New GFC follower :)

    Here's my FFF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the feature! I agree getting books to read from authors and publishers is the best part of blogging :)
    New GFC & Bloglovin' follower

    My #FF @ Miss Behavior Book Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on being featured :) New bloglovin and GFC follower.
    Peggy @ The Pegster Reads

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on being featured! I'm using Wattpad too! :)

    New follower via bloglovin.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the feature! I think one of the best things about blogging is also the author's and publishers! And I just started reading books on Wattpad a month ago and I can't stop I'm addicted to it.

    New follower via bloglovin

    My F&F
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  28. I so agree that picking a favorite book is hard!
    New follower:)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your awesome so I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Go here to find out what to do and congrats!!

    http://kalebsmome.blogspot.com/2014/06/you-like-meyou-really-like-me-post.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...