Wednesday, March 9, 2016

WOW (4): It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover



Waiting On Wednesday (WOW) is a weekly event or bookish meme, hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that readers and bloggers are eagerly anticipating and patiently waiting for.

A few days ago, Colleen Hoover revealed the cover of her upcoming book, It Ends With Us. Honestly, I totally forgot that she will be releasing a new book this year. This has been on my TBR since I don't know when, and I am super excited for another CoHo book, but with all the wonderful releases this year, you just can't keep track of everything all the time.

It Ends With Us
Author: Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Atria Books
Expected Publication: August 2, 2016

Goodreads:

Lily hasn’t always had it easy but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up. She graduated from college, moved to Boston and started her own business so when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon name Ryle Kincaid everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true. Ryle is assertive, stubborn, and maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant and has a total soft spot for Lily and the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head, but Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his no dating rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place. As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan, her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened. 

With this bold and deeply personal novel Colleen Hoover delivers a heart wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all too human characters, “It Ends with Us” is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.
Thoughts about the plot? It feels different from all the other CoHo books I've read. I don't know how to explain it. But it does. Maybe its that "all too human characters" description on the last paragraph of the blurb, or it's the story itself. It's normal. No aspiring musicians, no confession paintings, no November 9 meet ups etc.. My mini review of  Ugly Love might help explain it better. Nonetheless, I'm still excited to read It Ends With Us.

Here's a short teaser from Colleen's Instagram:

A photo posted by Colleen Hoover (@colleenhoover) on


What are the books you're "waiting on" this week? Leave your links in the comments below.
And thanks for dropping by! :)

2 comments:

  1. I've read two books by Colleen Hoover so far- Confess and November 9, and while I absolutely loved the latter, the former didn't satisfy me so much. Anyway, this one sounds really promising- great pick!

    Ooh, this one is actually on my TBR, and I was planning my next WoW post for this! :D I've read a short story by this author in Slasher Girls & Monster Boys, so I'm pretty sure this one would be awesome! Great pick- obviously!

    Check out my first ever WoW post here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . that moment when you didn't know there was another Hoover book coming out. WHAT ROCK DO I LIVE UNDER? Oh wow I'm so excited for this one!! This woman, whew, she's a wonder of a writer. Thanks so much for sharing (and saving me from shame)!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...